iOs 10 bluetooth problem

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrEZ

So, since I got my new iPhone 7 I've been having a problem with the bluetooth. It starts playing my music and all of a sudden it stops. I thought that it was stopping, then came to realize that it just mutes the sound, the music apparently continues playing. Repaired the phone twice, closed all aplication on the phone, still the same thing. Sometimes it take longer to do so. I now carry a cable to hook it up to the aux jack, that's how I know that the song is still playing and not paused. Even the phone isn't working properly. I'm on the phone and then it just stops and reverts to the phone, no more loudspeaker sound??????

My wife downloaded the new iOs on her 6 and this morning the same happened to her.

Has anyone had the problem?? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Yes, I've encountered the same problem. iPhone shows the music playing, i3 shows the music playing, but no audio. As you described, the audio starts up and then almost immediately cuts out.

In the short term, plugging into the USB port worked fine for me.

As far as I can tell there is no firmware update for the entertainment system that will address this.

I will continue to use the aux until someone decides to fix the problem, which should be apple.

The same content from my phone over Bluetooth works fine in my Tesla so I'm not sure this is an Apple problem.

In any case I've reported this as a bug through Apple's bug reporting system for developers and we'll see what they say.

:twisted: having the same issues despite doing all the resets / restores possible. I thought upgrading to iOS 10.0.2 may help but it made I worse as now the music cuts right away. I had an x3 loaner over the weekend and the problem was similar over BT. Please let me know where can we submit a bug fix to BMW as well as apple.

Thanks and hope it will be resolved soon!

I played the same app as before today and it worked fine all the way home. However, I did delete the app and then reload it, for a reason entirely unrelated to the bluetooth issue. In any case, it worked fine today.

So maybe everyone should give it another try?

I cannot get the s/w update to be accepted. I tried this first on my Mac with no luck, then switched to Windows 10.

Formatted a 2GB USB stick
Entered my VIN and downloaded the file (UPD05074.bin)
Copied the file to the USB stick
Powered up the car, selected S/W update and inserted the USB stick.

I consistently get the message: "Incompatible software on USB device."

Anyone else having a problem with this?

Try to format the USB drive in a different format...the car cannot recognize all formats. I don't remember which one it requires, but it probably says on the website if you read the fine print.

RodHam said:
I have the exact same problem as boatguy! And I'm using the exact same thumb drive I used to install the version before this update.
The problem that you and Boatguy are experiencing is almost certainly due to the fact that the version of the software update that you downloaded to your thumb drive is earlier than that already installed on your i3. There is a document available on the BMW Web page from where you downloaded the update that describes the contents of the downloaded update. Unfortunately, the software update version numbers don't immediately convey their position in the series of updates, but it appears to me when I went through this futile exercise that the software versions available for download are quite old and are thus "Incompatible software on USB device."

BMW continues to demonstrate that it struggles in the Internet world.

Back