Anyone else not getting updates?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVBob

Greetings All,

My i3 hasn't updated its status on the remote app since yesterday at 8:21am EST. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes. Talked to BMW this morning and they said they had an outage. They also said it may be a few days before it comes back online. Yay :roll:

This latest outage occurred just prior to my Connected Services subscription expiring at the end of October. The reliability of BMW's servers doesn't seem to be improving during the past 3 years, so I wonder whether I should pay BMW to renew this subscription.

It's not clear to me what is affected by these outages, so maybe Connected Services isn't affected. I was surprised that even though our car's status hasn't been updated since 25 October, today I was able to successfully send a destination to our car from the BMW Connected app. So this outage isn't affecting all communications with our car over the Internet.

alohart said:
I was surprised that even though our car's status hasn't been updated since 25 October, today I was able to successfully send a destination to our car from the BMW Connected app. So this outage isn't affecting all communications with our car over the Internet.

+1

Back