Do I need the paid version of bimmercode to code the fuel tank?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronmamaci3

Just curious if I needed to pay the $34 to do

Hold charge
2.4 gallon gas tank
Auto folding mirrors
Start in any other mode than comfort

Thank you

This is an excellent App. The developer deserves to be paid. I spent an hour coding changes on my new '17 REX today and it was very easy to use.

I can't get into advance crash safety module..... Any help would be appreciated if you had the same problem.

Ronmamaci3 said:
I can't get into advance crash safety module..... Any help would be appreciated if you had the same problem.

I wasn't interested in changing anything that was safety related. Best solution is to just put your seatbelt on before turning on the vehicle, and the reminders help develop the habit. My career was in Manufacturing Management and believe me the craziest rules prevent injuries and save lives.

What year is your car?
It's my understanding that the '17 models and greater already are coded for the full fuel tank. This is because they have the larger battery and the gas range with a full tank would be less than the battery range, so no problems with the Fed. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
To your larger question, I assume you want to code more than the gas tank, so, yes, you have to pay. I think this is fair because it's a product that the developer created. And...it's not all that expensive.

Back