So it seems if your i3 was made on or before 06/15 your remote and emobility services last for 10 years?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVBob

While reviewing my connecteddrive settings - I noticed one of our 2015 i3 REx the emobility and remote services will expire next year....while the other 2015 i3 REx will last until 2026.

Out of curiosity (and wondering if I can extend the emobility and remote services on the one expiring next year) - I sent them this inquiry:
Hello,

We currently own two 2015 BMW i3 RExs.

Reviewing them on the connecteddrive site, I noticed one (V502###) has the Remote Services & eMobility Services expiring in 09/2019, while the other (V501###) has those service expiring in 01/2026.

For V502###, would it be possible for me to extend the Remote Services & eMobility Services?

Thanks!,

And just got this response:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

VIN: V502###

Services are based in the production date of the vehicle. This vehicle production date is 07/15.

Vehicle comes with services under factory time for 4 years. Features as E-Call, Teleservice, Remote services and eMobilility services are active until 09/21/2019.

VIN: V501###

In this case, this vehicle production date is 06/15. Therefore, vehicle comes with services under factory time with the 10/3 years plan.

Safety features as E-Call, Teleservice, Remote services and eMobility services until 01/02/2026 and Convenience features as ConnectedDrive Services (BMW Online, Google send to car, and others) and Real Time Traffic Information until 01/02/2019.

Should you have further questions or need additional information, you may reply directly to this e-mail. Our days of operation are Monday-Friday; 8:30 AM-5:30 PM EST.

Sincerely,

ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care

Fax: 888-226-9492

PO Box 100035

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33310

So that would mean all 2014 and early 2015 folks in the US have emobility and remote services until 2024/25? If so, that is a really nice perk :) On other i3, it was born a month too late :-/

That's a new revelation to me! Many of our 2014 BEV's services expired after 10 years which is consistent with your findings. However, those services that expired initially a year ago and that I subscribed to for another year I likely won't be renewing.

In Honolulu, the real-time traffic information (RTTI) seems to be so old that it is next to useless. I have been warned of traffic accidents, objects in the road ahead, etc., on many occasions but have never encountered any of them, likely because these occurrences happened hours earlier and had already been cleared. I have also encountered similar situations that RTTI did not report. RTTI traffic congestion information is also typically so old that rerouting because of supposed heavy traffic has resulted in poor rerouting that likely took longer than the original route.

The only service to which I would likely continue subscribing is that service that the BMW Connected smartphone app relies upon. However, that service tends to be quite unreliable with frequent lengthy outages.

Tesla is far ahead of BMW in the implementation of technology.

That jives with mine. Production date 2015-06-11, original in-service date 2015-12-27, eMobility services good through 2025-12-27.

My Connected Drive and Real-Time Traffic are set to expire in two months, though. (Only 3 years from in-service date.)

Wish, we could put our own sim , and use the basic service to see the SOC .
Some companies deliberately will not put wifi , as this is revenue source for them.

Well this isn't exactly news to me, I decided to do some digging after realizing a discrepancy between when mine expires (2024) and when Slypig's expires (2019), which lead me down a rabbit hole to this: https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/bmwusa/connected-drive/pdf/ServiceAvailabilityMatrix.pdf. This document confirms the June, 2015 change over date. I haven't mentioned anything on this as I didn't want to make anyone feel bad.

(From the linked document above)
BMW said:
1year renewal of 6AC available for $50 standalone
or is included at no additional cost if any other service is renewed
Renewing 6AC will automatically renew 6AE (TeleService) and 6AP (Remote Services)

Looks like if you have a 2015 or newer you can get it for $50/year continuing on, though for that $50/year you might buy another service...

Maybe someone could retrofit some other type of remote SoC monitoring solution, many of the BMW Connected app's functions are available through the cars iDrive system, though that requires physical access to the car. I know my 2014 has a 3G modem of some kind, no idea what SIM card it uses, but continuing on the connection would also involve having to spoof the server too, not just the data connection.

This is good info. Does anyone know why I can't add the "BMW Assist Safety Plan" via the Connected Drive Portal. I'd like to get the "Google Send to Car" maps feature. My 2014 i3 has a production date of 04/2014.

My subscribed services are: Remote services and BMW ConnectedDrive Services Essential, both until 06/17/2024.

This isn't quite the same, but you can cut the address from google maps, and then paste it into the BMW Connected app, from there you can "send to car". It sends a BMW message that pops up in your connected drive portal, from there you simply select the message, and it gives you an option to open it up in navigation.

Looks like i got lucky! Of all the services the only one that is really useful is preconditioning(remote service). Real time traffic, apps, send text to car etc are just slow and unreliable.

Maybe BMW will extend all services as 3G can eat only so much of their bandwidth or maybe when they discontinue i3 in 2020.

i3Houston said:
. . . Of all the services the only one that is really useful is preconditioning(remote service).. . .
The other feature is reading out the SOC. When using a remote charger, I can tell how close the car is to full and move to avoid 'parking' chargers.

Bob Wilson

Back