BMW is now enforcing complimentary maintenance is only for original owners...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVBob

It looks like BMW (at least in my area) is now enforcing the 4 year/50K mile maintenance plan is for the original buyer only and not transferable....

https://www.bmwusa.com/explore/bmw-value/bmw-maintenance/terms-and-conditions.html

"...
NON-TRANSFERABILITY

These maintenance programs are available to the exclusive benefit of the initial purchaser, owner, or lessee of a new vehicle, sales demonstrator vehicle, Aftersales Mobility Program vehicle, or BMW Group company vehicle from an authorized BMW center in the United States (including Puerto Rico). Coverage is not transferable to subsequent purchasers, owners, or lessees

..."

We were getting the normal maintenance (oil changes, annual inspection, etc) for free, until today when we brought in one of our i3s for the annual inspection and charged $260...our Service Advisor said, BMW started clamping down in the last few weeks or so on this, and lots of (obviously) upset folks.... though I suppose on the upside, that $260 includes a loaner car until Wednesday (Mercedes GLA)...but that was free before :-/

Did they not mention before hand, that the loaner is 260 and to be paid by customer ?
If you did not sign for it, i believe one should not pay.
This is not a joke. seriously

EVMan said:
Its 3 years. The link also says its 3.

Its a 2015 so 4 years/50K miles maintenance

EVMan said:
Did they not mention before hand, that the loaner is 260 and to be paid by customer ?
If you did not sign for it, i believe one should not pay.
This is not a joke. seriously

Nope, $260 for the Annual "Vehicle Check"...the loaner is complimentary (probably factored in at that price).....Can anyone else chime in on how much they were charged for their "Vehicle Check" ?

Back