Auto car wash, ok?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes - but follow the steps in the manual:

From the manual:
Before driving into a car wash In order to ensure that the vehicle can roll in a car wash, take the following steps:
1. Drive into the car wash.
2. Engage selector lever position N.
3. Remove foot from brake pedal.
4. Press the Start/Stop button.
In this way, operating readiness remains switched on, and a Check-Control message is displayed.
To activate drive readiness:
1. Depress the brake pedal.
2. Press the Start/Stop button.
Pressing the Start/Stop button without stepping on the brake turns operating readiness off.

Also, check out the car wash operation/mechanicals ahead of time - some have reported getting their roof antenna knocked off in particular car washes.

MKH said:
Also, check out the car wash operation/mechanicals ahead of time - some have reported getting their roof antenna knocked off in particular car washes.
Good suggestion! I would simply unscrew the antenna which should be easy to do unless the threads are corroded.

Take it this is a lease car? I haven't used car washes in about 30 years. The next time you car is under fluorescent lighting... you'll cry.

spartacus68 said:
Take it this is a lease car? I haven't used car washes in about 30 years. The next time you car is under fluorescent lighting... you'll cry.

I think car washes have improved significantly in the past 30 years, then. Because I've been using car washes for my new cars for the past 15 years, and don't have any water spots.

I wash it once a month... no problems so far. I put the car on Neutral so parking senors go off!

Lately folks at car wash have started to put a tape on the rear wiper blade and fold mirrors.

i3Houston said:
I wash it once a month... no problems so far. I put the car on Neutral so parking senors go off!

Lately folks at car wash have started to put a tape on the rear wiper blade and fold mirrors.

They do the "tape the rear wiper" to me, and it's annoying, because it means that bit of the tailgate doesn't get clean.

CharonPDX said:
i3Houston said:

They do the "tape the rear wiper" to me, and it's annoying, because it means that bit of the tailgate doesn't get clean.

Yeah its a hassle but rear wiper is rarely used, i would not miss it if its gone!! :)

Back