BMW i3 Apps

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2724

I have let my BMW connected drive subscription lapse and used to have a large clock display and local weather info displayed on the right hand side of the Nav screen.

These were 2 of the BMW apps that could be downloaded from connected drive. Is there a way to get the larger digital display app without having to have a subscription to connected drive? I can live without the weather app but would like the large digital display of the time back. I think that BMW wants about $300 a year for conncted drive subscription and I don’t want to pay this just for the clock app, sure its got live traffic info on the gps but I don’t need that either.

Cdni3 said:
I have let my BMW connected drive subscription lapse and used to have a large clock display and local weather info displayed on the right hand side of the Nav screen.

These were 2 of the BMW apps that could be downloaded from connected drive. Is there a way to get the larger digital display app without having to have a subscription to connected drive? I can live without the weather app but would like the large digital display of the time back. I think that BMW wants about $300 a year for conncted drive subscription and I don’t want to pay this just for the clock app, sure its got live traffic info on the gps but I don’t need that either.

I may be wrong but in the USA I thought it was $100?
Also I'd hate to pay BMW for anything when it is all on my phone. I hate the UI on these units and thank god the HK Audio system sounds good and plays all my FLAC files beautifully. Otherwise UI wise it is a pretty crappy system. Can't even Fast forward a song.

If it's $300 a year then it is a heist!

In the Connected Drive website, it shows one year of "ConnectedDrive services" as $40. If you want traffic (IMO it's worthless) then that's an additional $43. I just have the basic package subscribed until 2024, so I'm not worried about either of those, but if you are to buy one, get the "services" package for $40.

nickp said:
Otherwise UI wise it is a pretty crappy system. Can't even Fast forward a song.

IIRC, if you press and hold the arrow buttons on the numeric shortcut row, it will fast forward and reverse through songs.

TheMK said:
In the Connected Drive website, it shows one year of "ConnectedDrive services" as $40. If you want traffic (IMO it's worthless) then that's an additional $43. I just have the basic package subscribed until 2024, so I'm not worried about either of those, but if you are to buy one, get the "services" package for $40.

nickp said:
Otherwise UI wise it is a pretty crappy system. Can't even Fast forward a song.

IIRC, if you press and hold the arrow buttons on the numeric shortcut row, it will fast forward and reverse through songs.

WOW! (Dumb me) Thanks for setting this up for me. I didn't even notice that. I will definitely let you know if it works! :oops:

Back