Picked up mine today

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunter

Hi all

I picked up my i3 today. Handover was smooth, most of the functions I found very intuitive. Had time this evening for a couple of photos of the urban fox in it's unexpected rural setting :) (edge of the New Forest)

http://s561.photobucket.com/user/bunter1815/library/BMW%20i3/My%20i3

More info as I discover it.

Lucky boy!

I am very happy for you and green with envy. Yesterday my dealer told me that it will be another six weeks before delivery day as BMW informed the dealership that orders were running two weeks behind schedule.

Again, I am sure everyone on this forum is happy for you.

Thanks all. I ordered it on Nov 16th with a deposit, finalised the spec on the 18th Nov. Initial build week prediction was week 16 but that moved to week 9 and I think the build was actually done in week 8. And yes I got the Pro Nav option FOC.

Bunter said:
Thanks all. I ordered it on Nov 16th with a deposit, finalised the spec on the 18th Nov. Initial build week prediction was week 16 but that moved to week 9 and I think the build was actually done in week 8. And yes I got the Pro Nav option FOC.

Wow... that was speedy... I ordered mine about 1 week later than you and my delivery was initially April, but got pushed out to June... hmph... but am enjoying reading everyones experiences on here its great.

Hi Neil,

I ordered mine (REx) on Nov 28th and was given 3rd week of May as initial date....... then got a call last week informing me that it was in build and could expect it 1st week of April!!... I'm pretty happy right now! :)

Hope you get a similar call!

Paul

Picked mine up yesterday - in white and yes it does look like a stormtrooper!

I ordered it in November, a Rex with DC charge and the 428 alloys as the only options...I wish I had opted for the upgraded stereo - the standard unit is good but the silence allows you to enjoy your music

Having been the butt of many jokes over the last 4 months now that a few of my friends and colleagues have driven it they are ALL eating their words, even the most hardened cynics!

The car is just astounding.

Only gripe is £165 for a public charging cable and it doesn't have the LED mood lights that the test car had :-(

We are using the car for marketing purposes and having it wrapped in a design from students from the University of the Arts in London to promote CO2 reduction strategies for businesses. I know Tom does not like advertising on here so I won't show images of it unless people are interested.

Tommo,

it's a car that impresses people, isn't it? I've noticed several people pointing as I've driven by!

I've had mine just over a fortnight now and have covered 800 miles. Am completely converted to the EV concept - and I came to it totally blind; until I collected it, I'd never even sat in an electric car let alone driven one.

PS. I'll keep an eye out for you on the road; looks like you're about 5 miles from me.

SanSerif said:
Tommo,

it's a car that impresses people, isn't it? I've noticed several people pointing as I've driven by!

I've had mine just over a fortnight now and have covered 800 miles. Am completely converted to the EV concept - and I came to it totally blind; until I collected it, I'd never even sat in an electric car let alone driven one.

PS. I'll keep an eye out for you on the road; looks like you're about 5 miles from me.

By my reckoning that makes 3 of us within less than 30 miles of each other as I'm near Salisbury.

Tommo, who is doing the wrap, a local firm? I would definitely like to see the results.

SanSerif, what colour is yours?

Fancy meeting up to compare notes, I'm sure I haven't learned everything about the car yet!

Bill

Tommo said:

I ordered it in November, a Rex with DC charge and the 428 alloys as the only options...I wish I had opted for the upgraded stereo - the standard unit is good but the silence allows you to enjoy your music

Having been the butt of many jokes over the last 4 months now that a few of my friends and colleagues have driven it they are ALL eating their words, even the most hardened cynics!

Only gripe is £165 for a public charging cable and it doesn't have the LED mood lights that the test car had :-(

We are using the car for marketing purposes and having it wrapped in a design from students from the University of the Arts in London to promote CO2 reduction strategies for businesses. I know Tom does not like advertising on here so I won't show images of it unless people are interested.

I am absoluty interested in pics! Please share these

Lecram said:
Tommo said:

I am absoluty interested in pics! Please share these

Pics of wrapped i3's is definitely fair game, even if it's advertising! Post away!

TomMoloughney said:
Pics of wrapped i3's is definitely fair game, even if it's advertising! Post away!
Three from my i3 folder....

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7305/12329465315_7dff6f4b03_o.jpg
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3765/12294556466_4ef7f1dd00_o.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7296/12293978005_55a100ebb8_o.jpg

I'd like to wrap the grill to get rid of the blue colour if I can find a way of doing it well. There are some very iffy companies out there, I've seen some horrible workmanship in the past on other cars although I guess it'd be hard to make a mess of the grill with it being so small.

Tommo : I'd also be interested in your pics and if you have any tips about which companies to use for vinyl wrapping.

nice ! a stickon solar panel on the bonnet, very clever, how much range does this add ? ;-)

I am in Warsash.

The wrap is being designed by students at the University of the Arts in London with CO2 reduction as its theme. A company called Andean signs in Swanwick near southampton are doing the wrap.

I took the car on a 180 mile round trip today which was a bit hairy....the Rex coped very well but I found out that there is a compatibility problem with the Ecotricity chargers at Welcome Inn service stations - some are not compatible with the i3 but will be upgraded over the coming year! Hence I had to do most of the trip on the Rex!!

A local meeting would be great!

Back