Extra legroom in footwell

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electricvirgin

Its not had much media attention but one of the first things i noticed on test driving the i3 was the space in the footwell, particularly where the centre console is normally found in conventional cars.

I found the extra knee/leg room a real help, although i am relatively tall i guess. In the past i have had to twist my leg somewhat, resulting in discomfort on longer journeys. Its especially bad on the larger Audi's for some reason, perhaps the cost of moving pipework etc for right hand drive? Although a small car the i3 seems very generous inside, particularly in the front!

Good for legroom, not so good for anything you place in the passenger footwell being able to fly across and get in the way of your pedals. Not that I'd be daft enough to do that... :oops:

The section in the middle is really handy! Great for bags that you'd normally put in the passenger footwell - as long as they are not too slippery :lol:

Back