Samsung smartwatches not compatible anymore

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agj

Back in early 2014, BMW and Samsung announced a partnership that would enable Android users to install the iRemote app on a Samsung Galaxy Gear and to manage their i3 from their wrist device.
Six months later though, the Samsung Galaxy Gear has been discontinued and replaced by the Samsung Gear Fit, Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo which don't run on Android but on Tizen. Most of Samsung native apps have been adapted to be compatible with the Tizen OS.
The iRemote app has not.

So far, BMW has not acknowledged the incompatibility issue and is still using images that show a discontinued Samsung device in order to advertise a capability that is not functioning anymore.

Hope they'll soon correct their communication and/or update the Android iRemote app so it can work on a smartwatch.

(Pics and discussion can be found in the Facebook group threads)

Do you have a link to that Facebook thread?

You can always roll back your Galaxy Gear from Tizen to Android and it should then work?

I get a specific error with the BMW i Remote App on my Gear watch: I have posted it with a screengrab on this forum under the technical section.

thanks for any input.

Back