Jaypi

Re: Coding the i3

Mon May 11, 2015 2:08 pm

Jeffj wrote:Yes, until you run out of gas, then you get what's in the battery and then when the battery runs out, you get to call BMW roadside assistance.
Sure that would be an experience haha - or I just refuel some gas :P
Visit my blog - <<CLICK HERE >> - Coding Tutorials and more!

Jaypi

Mon May 11, 2015 7:43 pm

Btw. is there also an option to roll up the windows automatically when ever I lock the car?

jadnashuanh

Mon May 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Jaypi wrote:Btw. is there also an option to roll up the windows automatically when ever I lock the car?
Try holding the lock button for a few seconds (on the fob, not on comfort access). Works on some BMW's, can't remember if it does on the i3. Holding the unlock will open them, I think the reverse works, too.
Jim DeBruycker
2011 535i x-drive GT, 2014 i3 BEV
Soon (hopefully!) A 2021 X5 45e will replace the above

i3atl

Mon May 11, 2015 9:14 pm

jadnashuanh wrote:
Jaypi wrote:Btw. is there also an option to roll up the windows automatically when ever I lock the car?
Try holding the lock button for a few seconds (on the fob, not on comfort access). Works on some BMW's, can't remember if it does on the i3. Holding the unlock will open them, I think the reverse works, too.
Does not work on the i3 or any recent US BMW without coding.

After being coded, it works via the lock button or the door handle locking function with comfort access. It will also fold the mirrors on cars with that capability, including the i3.

Jaypi

Mon May 11, 2015 9:31 pm

i3atl wrote:
jadnashuanh wrote:
Does not work on the i3 or any recent US BMW without coding.

After being coded, it works via the lock button or the door handle locking function with comfort access. It will also fold the mirrors on cars with that capability, including the i3.
Thanks for the info - can you tell me which coding part it is? Is there like a tutorial for it?

imolazhp

Mon May 11, 2015 11:04 pm

I've done quite a bit of coding to my 2015 w/REX, the language is a little difficult and my eyes go a little tired but about 1/2 way into the coding I realized there was a search option at the top of the program which made things a bit easier as long as I remembered to go back to the top of the section and click the parent folder before searching for the next item.

I'm wondering if anyone familiar with German (or not familiar, I guess it doesn't matter too much), has attempted to find anything regarding the blue dome light. I've only had my car a few weeks but a couple of days into ownership I started using comfort access exclusively (why wouldn't I?) then today I used the fob for some reason in my dark garage and that awesome blue dome light came on. I would sure be cool if we could code that light on as opposed to the white light either timed when unlocked (30 seconds for example) or I might even go for having it in place of the white light completely. Although it is not as illuminating as the white light, there are so many lights in the car that I don't think it would matter much. It also makes me wonder if the white/red lights elsewhere in the car also have a blue option. Red, white and blue seem to be choosable on other BMW's, for some reason I would think they would use the same type of pre-made bulb array across the models instead of going back and only making white/red for the i3. I could be wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time.

I'm sure I'll have lots of other questions, I just finished my long list of coding a few days ago, so much stuff that I need to go back through my list and make sure everything is working as intended. Oh, thats another thing. Its too bad we can't have both the upper and lower rear taillights on at the same time. IMO the more illumination, the better!

Thanks!

rtanov

Tue May 12, 2015 7:49 am

Jaypi wrote: Thanks for the info - can you tell me which coding part it is? Is there like a tutorial for it?
Go to this tread and scroll down to the post with the highlight:
http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic. ... hilit=3056
2014 BMW i3 REx
2014 BMW i3 BEV - retired

i3atl

Tue May 12, 2015 8:49 am

Jaypi wrote:Thanks for the info - can you tell me which coding part it is? Is there like a tutorial for it?
There's a tutorial posted here somewhere, but it's typically kept up to date, along with the list of popular coding parameters/values, on the Facebook group in the Files section.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMWi3/files/

If you're anti-Facebook, you may still want to create an account with a fake name and join the group so that you can access the info there. It's a great resource.

jadnashuanh

Tue May 12, 2015 11:04 am

imolazhp wrote: Its too bad we can't have both the upper and lower rear taillights on at the same time. IMO the more illumination, the better!

Thanks!
As I understand it, the brake light function is a two-stage affair depending on the rate of deceleration. It will switch to the rear lights if the hatch is open, but normally will use either one or two lamps in the hatch.
Jim DeBruycker
2011 535i x-drive GT, 2014 i3 BEV
Soon (hopefully!) A 2021 X5 45e will replace the above

WoodlandHills

Tue May 12, 2015 11:20 am

Could you code one set to be Regen lights and the other to be traditional brake lights? Or are they already that way? I have no idea what is going on back there!
Clipper Creek HCS-40P 32a EVSE
2014 REx Arravani Grey Giga all options
2008 Infiniti EX35
2008 smart ForTwo Cabriolet
2000 F-250 Powerstroke
2006 Westfield eleven
1984 Laverda RGS-1000

Return to “Technical BMW i3 Discussions”