Loss of Propulsion - EME Module 120Ah

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hengus

My i3 has just been recalled for this problem. I have not seen any reports on this or other forums of owners having experienced any loss of propulsion issues. I would be interested to know how the car behaved etc? The parts needed are now on back order and should be available early October. Repairs will take at least two days.

My i3 EME module replacement was carried out over two days earlier this week. I confess that it was a little unsettling taking in a fault free i3 for such major surgery. The i3 is now back on my drive, and the brand new 330D M series tourer - complete with every toy imaginable - which they gave me as a loaner is now back in the compound.

Driving the 330 reminded me of what I was missing: the HUD; improved iDrive and cameras are a big improvement on the i3. Then again, it was like driving a 6 cylinder engined tank. Acceleration was sluggish and there is a pedal called a brake that has to be used to stop the car. I am more than happy to be back in my i3.

Back