Service menu, how ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisM

Hi all,

How can I take a look at the "servicing menu" of the car , does this needs to be code with Esys or Bimmercode to show ?

I had this in my previous BMW's so I wonder where it is in the i3.

nxgjdx.jpg

search this site for the unlock method to display service menu on your steering wheel display:

It operates something like this:

Push and hold trip meter button until menus appear, push again to scroll down the menus "Unlocking" if you want the service submenu.
Press and hold then rapidly press the code number for your car. I think you sum of the last 5 digits of your VIN to get a number of press.
Long press to get the submenus, press again to scroll these

MagicCarpet said:
search this site for the unlock method to display service menu on your steering wheel display:

It operates something like this:

Push and hold trip meter button until menus appear, push again to scroll down the menus "Unlocking" if you want the service submenu.
Press and hold then rapidly press the code number for your car. I think you sum of the last 5 digits of your VIN to get a number of press.
Long press to get the submenus, press again to scroll these

Thanks !

I will try this, in my other Beemers it shows up as a menu in the iDrive, typically BMW for make it more complicated :). Just one more question,
do you need all these steps each time you want to enter that menu or just one time and that's it ?

I think for altering the service menus - reaet interval etc. you dont need the secret code
you have to do the code number each time to look at the hidden menu batt. temp. and charge levels

Back