BMW "Service Mode" To Take i3 Offline?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eNate

Staff member
My i3 went in for dealer service yesterday.

Checking up on it via the app, I can see the location of the car, its state of charge, and current mileage.

But under the Climatization menu, the Preconditioning and Departure Times selectors are grayed out, and Charging Mode only has "Charge Immediately" as an option -- the "Tariff Time Slot" box has completely disappeared.

Is there a special "service mode" that BMW activates when they take an i3 in that modifies access to these controls?

The first repair step in every manufacturer's repair instructions for every single repair is to disconnect the battery. Takes the fun out of remotely wailing on the horn while the car is on the dealer's lift..... :twisted:

I don't think that happened. I've tracked it to four different spots around their dealership's lot, watched it been charged, and now discharged slightly. So it's not like it's disappeared, just neutered.

eNate said:
Is there a special "service mode" that BMW activates when they take an i3 in that modifies access to these controls?
I wonder whether disconnecting the high-voltage disconnect, a common initial step before working on the high-voltage system, would cause what you are seeing.

Back