How do i replace front door lock actuator?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndrewH

Hi,

I am new to the forum but have been an I3 owner for 4 years.
I have a 2014 battery only car.

To open the driver side door when locked, requires using the physical key from the fob to open the door. The actuator appears to be broken and it makes an extra clunk noise when locking the car as though something is loose or broken. There is quite a bit of information online regarding using the key to open the door which means i can keep using the car but i would like to replace the lock.
I can't find any information about this online. I assume the interior door panel and exterior skin need to be removed.

Any suggestions links 'how to' guides would be much appreciated

Many thanks

Andrew

Did you ever get an answer for this - It looks like I need something similar.
The door is registering as "open" even though it is closed! Looks like either the lock or loom need replacing...

I have the same issue with my driver's side door registering as open when it's fully closed. You dont have to take the outer skin off, but the interior door card on the rear door does need to cover off.

I believe the sensor that needs to be replaced is 51227291034-10 (this is for the driver's side, the passenger side is a different part number).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144465203632

I hadn't replace mine yet, but it looks fairly simple to do once you have the parts.

Back