coolant fluids for i3 REX

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rougeetnoir

Would anyone know the BMW part numbers for the climate coolant canister in the front trunk, and the drive fluid canister in the same location and then the coolant concentrate canister in the rear under the floor panel next to the oil filling stuff. Part number and where in US to buy the fluids would be most appreciated.Plerse e-mail [email protected] Thanks very much

Thanks very much. I must not understand how to use this, because when I put in my car, year model, and the VIN there is no place for the word engine coolant for example. I must know the part number in order to look it up. But if I knew the part number I would not be asking the question. Please advise. Thanks very much.

rougeetnoir said:
Thanks very much. I must not understand how to use this, because when I put in my car, year model, and the VIN there is no place for the word engine coolant for example. I must know the part number in order to look it up.
After specifying your car, click the "Browse Parts" button. I then selected the air conditioning group and found one of the coolant canisters (described as "expansion tank"). It's normally easier to enter "expansion tank" in the search field at the top right of the page, but the search function seems to be broken at the moment (server error).

Thanks, I don't need the actual canister but the various fluids--air conditioning, drive coolant and engine coolant-- that go in these little tanks. That is what I am trying to locate so as to be able to top up without going to the dealer. I could not find these fluids in that catalogue.

Re: Specific BMW approved coolant fluids for REX
EditDelete postReport this postQuote
Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:49 am

I posted somewhere on this site the details and sources of BMW specs:
In summary from my handwritten notes;

REX oil 5W30 SJ spec eg. Castrol Edge 2.6 litres
REX coolant = BMW G48 spec = blue, nitrite & amine free = mixable or replaceable with:
Electric machine coolant = G48 Castrol Radiocool NF or BMW Antifreeze 82192 211913 or BMW HT12 Green or Magenta

Heater circuit = only "i3 coolant" not mixable with any other type - BMW 83512355296 (blue, silica free, previously green)

Very helpful. There appear to be three coolants, the drive, the air conditioning or climate and the engine radiator area. Can you like the coolants you posted on to two of these and do you know the BMW part number for the third one? Thanks

Back