Replaced right side mirror, now none of the mirror blinkers are workingq

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I managed to destroy the right side mirror of my i3 while backing out of the garage. I bought a new complete mirror set from a scrapyard as it was roughly the same price as manually replacing the broken glass and housing of the old mirror would've been. I hired a repair shop to do the work of replacing the mirror and seemed fine visually when getting the car back. After checking I however realized that neither of the blinkers were working, which they were before on both the broken right side mirror and the left one (driver's side). Both the mirror adjustment motors are working and the power folding mechanism works. I took it back to the shop, but they were not able to figure out what's wrong and were sort of hesitant to start removing the door panel again since it could be sort of a wild goose chase.

Has anyone here got any idea of what the problem could be?

Was the 'donor' mirror compatible? With power to the mirror, either there is a connection that was not wired correctly or was cross-wired, or whatever micro-circuit in the mirror controlling and coordinating the signal flash isn't compatible with the car. I'd try transfering the 'guts' of the broken mirror to the new mirro if possible. There are Youtube videos of taking apart the mirror to change out the signal lights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHvN-Cxp3Ek

Back