Evaporator sensor location and replacement

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HansV

My AC have stopped working and I have a fault code from the evaporator temperature sensor. Have ordered a new one.
Where is this sensor located and how do I replace it?
Based in Realoem it seems to be somewhere in the front, but I could not find it by removing the frunk.
Is it located somewhere under the dashboard and needs to be accessed from the inside of the car?

My car is a euro 2015 60Ah, no range extender.

Perfect, thanks a lot!

Missed that you have an EU model. This shows a 2015 REx - USA. Would think it is still set up the same - but if it appears not to match when you get into it, ISTA displays according to VIN. If you PM me the last 7 of it, I can look up again specific to the car.

It was identical to the REX.
Found the sensor and replaced it. Now the sensor fault is gone but the AC is still not working.
I think the likely cause is the AC is out of gas. It is reading only 1 bar refrigerant pressure with my iCarsoft reader. I think it should be much higher. The AC LED came on for a short time then vent out again. Evaporator temperature is reading the same as the outside temperature.
The dealer replaced the AC compressor and some other parts a year ago and have likely messed it up when putting it back together so it is leaking. have to go back and make them have a check.

I also have a fault code from the mixing flap motor, but this has always been there and the dealer claims it is not a real fault....

Okay, good. This side of the pond, any Dealer repairs are warrantied for two years - hopefully your dealer will take care of it all.

Repairs are two years warranty here as well, but the dealer will most likely claim the problem is not related to the repair....
I will just have a go and see how it turns out.

megasite said:
MKH said:
According to ISTA:

Step 1.png

Step 2.png

Step 3.png

could you upload ista instruction again? Thanks in advance
I don't believe that MKH uploaded images of these instructions. Instead, in an IMG tag, he used "./download/file.php?id=171" as the URL to the first instruction image which doesn't resolve to an image. He would need to post these instruction images to a Website with URL's to these images in IMG tags.

alohart said:
megasite said:
MKH said:
According to ISTA:

Step 1.png

Step 2.png

Step 3.png

could you upload ista instruction again? Thanks in advance
I don't believe that MKH uploaded images of these instructions. Instead, in an IMG tag, he used "./download/file.php?id=171" as the URL to the first instruction image which doesn't resolve to an image. He would need to post these instruction images to a Website with URL's to these images in IMG tags.

He is an ADMIN and can upload files to the server hosting this site. Those links originally resolved to a file hosted on this site but are now broken for whatever reason.

Back