How to remove wireless charger from armrest?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graememwl

My phone is too big for the built in wireless charger on my recently acquired '19 BEV.
There is a great thread on fixing the issue on Bimmerpost https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1523034 but the way the wireless charging cradle is mounted in the i3 appears very different from the M2. No surprise as our arm rest is shorter.

Does anyone know how to remove the charging cradle from our armrest?

TIA

Hi. Does anyone now how to turn on the cooling fan that is inside the phone-charging armrest? My phone gets pretty warm in there.

Hi. Does anyone now how to turn on the cooling fan that is inside the phone-charging armrest? My phone gets pretty warm in there.
Yea I don't use the wireless charger because of this. I have added the 3D printed extension to mine for larger phones but still do not use it unless it in a emergency because it is a phone cooker. I have plans to look into replacing the fan with something more powerful or possibly adding a switch to turn on the fan, but have not had the time. I don't mind a bit of fan noise when I am charging the phone if it will keep the phone cool.

It is better to avoid using a wireless charger because it is an inefficient use of power from the i3s battery.
Use a wired charger to efficiently charge your phone. There is a reason why BMW's wireless car charger did not work well and it is physics/electrical engineering.

Back