door switch

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raylec

I am trying to locate the door switch/es where are these?
If drivers door is open all drive is disconnected, BMw tells me this is safety for driver. No safety for passenger who can open door without interfering with traction. I find this infuriating as I need to have the door open to see where the wheels are going when backing in to garage.
The only way I can do this is by putting the car in N and pushing it,not as safe is being in the car.

I have a very narrow single car garage and had the same problem. I put one of these fisheye safety mirrors up where I can see it driving in, and it gives a good view of where the wheels are. I also used yellow tape to outline the exact parking space, to make it easier to see in low light. https://www.amazon.com/Acrylic-Security-Warehouse-Circular-Personal/dp/B004HN5ZCY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=fisheye+mirror&qid=1623876758&sr=8-3

I have a similar garage with a canoe against one wall and very sharp angles to enter and exit. I hung strips of red surveyor's tape from nails in the rafters with metal washers knotted into the ends to dangle and serve as markers to guide me into the space. I just position the nose of car between the strips as I drive in. This is cheap and works pretty well.

Back