Winter tips in snowy states

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rougeetnoir

Here are a couple of observation on winter operation. I have a 2019 i3S with the wider tires on the rear. This car was virtually undriveable last winter in the snow so I bought a set of Blizzak snow tires mounted on Riall German wheels from Tire Rack. The change from the wide rear tires to the narrower Blizzaks is quite noticeable on the highway with a less solid and planted feel to the car now, and a much higher level of road noise.But the ride with the 19 inch wheels is less harsh. There is no need for any spacers as the offset is fine.

The other day my charge door would not open. There seems to be unlocking solenoid when you push on the door and I could hear this clicking but door would not open. Anyhow I got it open by getting fingers under the edge as soon as the solenoid clicked. But once open, an application of a spray lubricant to the latch cured the problem and it opens just fine now. So my recommendation is to go all around the car with a can of something like CLP and spray all the latches, especially those in the tops of the rear doors, and the hinges to the doors,catch to the trunk lid &c.

Back