Coding of extended bluetooth (for 2 phone function)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itguy

Hi Everyone

I'm just about to place an order for an i3 Rex tomorrow (I'm just about to post about that in the other section) and I'm new around here.

I've seen plenty of references of coding the i3 and I'm not afraid to do these kind of things having come from a world of VCDS in the VAG world etc.

One feature I'm really keen to get on my car is the ability to connect 2 phones at once to the bluetooth, which is usually part of the enhanced/extended bluetooth option. I'm not bothered about all the office stuff, but the 2 phone thing is really handy and I've had it before on a MINI Clubman.

Is it possible to code this on to my car?

Thanks

Will

itguy said:
Hi Everyone

I'm just about to place an order for an i3 Rex tomorrow (I'm just about to post about that in the other section) and I'm new around here.

I've seen plenty of references of coding the i3 and I'm not afraid to do these kind of things having come from a world of VCDS in the VAG world etc.

One feature I'm really keen to get on my car is the ability to connect 2 phones at once to the bluetooth, which is usually part of the enhanced/extended bluetooth option. I'm not bothered about all the office stuff, but the 2 phone thing is really handy and I've had it before on a MINI Clubman.

Is it possible to code this on to my car?

Thanks

Will

I have two devices simultaneously bluetoothed to my i3, an iPod touch for playing music and a Nexus 4 for phone calls. My car has the Pro Nav option but does not have the enhanced bluetooth option and is not coded. Hope this helps

Bill

If the i3 is similar to other BMW's I've dealt with, if you have two phones attached, you can receive calls on either, but can only download the contact list and make a call from one of them. YOu also can select which one is the source for music.

Back