Can I retrofit the HK premium sound into an i3?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shredder

Greetings!

I'm on the hunt for my first PEV, which will be an i3. I found a car I really like and it has everything minus the Harmon Kardon premium sound.

Does anyone know if the HK premium sound can be retrofitted into an i3 that did not have it from the factory?

I imagine anything can be done, but I'm wondering if it's plug and play swap or if it's an involved swap.

Thanks!

I'd tend to agree, the cost/hassle of retrofitting would push me towards a different solution. The HK option adds a bunch of speakers, all with attendant cutouts and wiring, impacting maybe a dozen interior panels. I think you'd be better off going to an independent car audio place and getting a quote for an upgraded system that they design and install for you.

Resurrecting an old thread. Nothing is impossible. Downside your interior trim will probably squeak when you're not using the Harmon Kardon sound system, and it probably cost a small fortune.

https://www.audiokit.fi/kirjoitus/bmw-i3-harman-kardon-audio-upgrade

Back