What options are required for voice activated nav?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macgreiner

I am pretty sure that after first getting my car I played with voice nav and it worked (only pretty sure mind you). Now when I press the button nothing happens. I can get Siri to work if I hold the button down but that is all.
I am wondering is there a particular option you need to have the integrated voice work and if so what is the 3 alpha numeric code?

Unusual question. I believe 6NS Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface and Voice Control is standard on all US configurations. If you have the voice button on the steering wheel, it should work. You might want to check the the voice feedback volume level isn't muted.

I have a voice button on the steering wheel but it has never worked.
Is it an option in the UK or do you have to activate it somehow?

If you don't have the pro nav, you will still have the voice activation button on the wheel (US models). However, that button without pro nav will only activate Siri on an iPhone if you have an iPhone paired. Perhaps similar on other phone OSs.

What is " pro nav"?
Is that the bigger screen?
I never actually use the cars sat nav instead preferring to use Wayze on an iPad propped up over the centre screen.
This is a UK spec vehicle.

Back