Can nyone comment on Carly OBD for coding?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Can anyone comment on using the Carly OBD bluetooth scanner for coding vs Bimmercode? Since Carly has a scanner specific for BMW it does a lot of other things like new battery registration, which would add functionality..

I asked them about coding the key fob for "preconditioning" and their response was unsatisfactory. My recommendation is use their support interface and ask specifics. I was unimpressed.

Bob Wilson

MKH said:
Since Carly has a scanner specific for BMW it does a lot of other things like new battery registration, which would add functionality..
Some i3 owners on the Facebook i3 group have reported that Carly cannot register a new 12 V battery. If true, that's unfortunate. Has anyone used Carly successfully to register a new 12 V battery on an i3?

Carly cannot register the 12v battery in the i3... In addition, many other features do not work on the i3...
Don't bother with Carly if you have an i3...

On top of that, the cost for just the Carly app is $60 PER YEAR :eek:

You can buy the Foxwell Full-System Diagnostic Scan Tool for BMW (which includes battery registration) for $159, and get free updates for life, though it is scan and diagnostic tool only, no programming. Bimmer Link, from the Bimmer Code guy, 'says' it does battery registration for most BMW's including the i3, but the battery registration actually does not work for the i3 (yet). He says will in a future update, but did not provide info on when that would happen.

If it doesn't show in free demo it can't be done.... Example....
this function is not possible with the BMW i3.
We write on our website which functions are possible. If a function, like the battery registration, is not listet, we don't support it unfortunately.
You can send the adapter back within the first days of your purchase but a refund of the app is not possible.
We have a free lite version, where you can see all the possible functions for your car.
We made this 100% transparent.

Back