Gear indicator

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j123

Hello Everyone,
I have i3 REX (2017) with damaged gear selector actual drive mode green indicator. In US version is gear symbol displayed on the left side dashboard screen - unfortunately in EU not. It is possible to code and activate this symbol in EU version ?

I’d be interested in knowing that too!
My ideal driving position means that I can see all the dash, but the selector indicators always seem to be hidden, meaning I have to bob my head about like some demented chicken just to check what mode the drivetrain is in...
The use of the controls is almost intuitive now, but I think it would be useful to see the mode selected in the display too.. it’s not present in my UK spec i3.

so, by pushing in on the left stalk and cycling through the options you don't have the exterior temp and gear indicator option ?

Anybody found the right method (coding or adaptation) to display the selected gear on the instrument panel? I tried to modify the following parameters with different permutations, but didn't work:
BKOMBI module:
SPA_ENABLE
SPA_IST_ENABLE
SPA_IST_GANG_ENABLE
SPA_KOMBISELECT_DISABLE

Back