Rear seat cupholder delete ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KrisM said:
Anyone managed or have a solution to cover or delete the cupholders in the rear seat ?

"What do you want in its place?" he asked, not quite sure he wanted to know the answer . . .

robthebold said:
"What do you want in its place?" he asked, not quite sure he wanted to know the answer . . .

I want the space to be filled :) , I think it is a stupid thing to have there, my M135i had it to. I'm not keen on any cupholder
at any place in a car.

I guess I'm more on the line of thinking of robthebold on this one that I don't understand the impulse but this may be a perfect job for a 3d printer if you know of someone with one, or a maker-space/library that will rent the usage of one.

Alternatively, you could buy a couple cans of soft-drink and glue them in the cupholders so the space is filled. :p

Thanks for the reply, something made with a 3D print could be do the trick.

I stuffed some stuff in there for now to fill the space, the reason why I do not liked is because my dog keeps falling in them with his
paws. There is the BMW cover over but that just does not stop that from happening so I stuff some rags in it but taking the cover off
and you see some rags it is not that nice view :) . For this reason I would like to permanently dispose of them with something that was
aesthetically pleasing.

Did I mention that I just hate those cup holders in any place in the car :lol:

Had a friend who had that issue with cup holders in a rear seat (not an i3) and her dog stepping in the cup holes. What she did was buy a fairly heavy rubber backed door mat at a discount place (Ikea, or Tuesday Morning, don't remember which), that didn't clash with the upholstery. She cut a piece from the mat that exactly fit over the cup holder section. Then she took some sturdy soft plastic kids lidded drink cups from one of the gas stations, which fit the cup holders exactly (I think she had to cut an inch or so off the bottom of the cups to get them to sit close to flush. She glued the lids to the cups, when dry she dropped the cups in the cup holders, put glue on the lids (car trim adhesive from an auto parts store), placed the piece from the door mat on top of the cups, put some weight on it until the glue dried, and she had a nice removable cup holder cover, that her dog could step on and not end up stuck in the cup holder holes.. I think she ended up spraying it with some fabric paint to better match her upholstery or trim.

Back