Big Brake Kit for i3 ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertmccall

Already dropped the car on AST and 40mm width widen. Is there any bigger brakes from another car or aftermarket that fit on the OEM 19” wheel setup? Looking to get more braking power before I add aero.

I have read that it is possible to use the discs and calipers of the MINI John Cooper Works F** Series. Will fit plug and play. No need to change anything to the brake system additionally.

I can't really see any point to the road you're going down. The cooling system of the engine gives up long before the brakes. Super easy to get into reduced power on back roads or highway.

It's just not a car that makes sense to make more sporty.

I completely agree that there is absolutely no need for Big Brakes on an I3. Don't waste your money. Put the 'extra' funds into lowering springs. They add to the looks and better handling.
Just sayin'

Don't fit oversized brakes, the BMW original brake set up is more than sufficient to the task, given how this car operates with regenerative braking. All you're doing is adding unnecessary weight.

Back