regular i3 wheel fairing

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoldiE46

I was looking at mods yesterday and was wondering if any of you have tried
adding wheel fairings on non S i3. I saw a couple of vendors selling them online,
but who knows how they fit:) Obviously, it's just for looks.

I've done it. It's doable but you'll have to drill holes to the existing fender and open the wheel arc a little more by cutting the edge of the fender.

The back side of a fender flare:

Zl2J3YQ.jpg

Sharp screws to mark hole locations:

tDv7X79.jpg

Rear wheel arc:

7tGBwC8.jpg

Front wheel arc:

cgqNCN0.jpg

Rear flare in place:

LFX95vY.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to install these flares without cutting the fender. The overlap is so obvious. The original i3S fenders are cut in the same way.
At first, my plan was to use adhesive instead of screws. But the adhesive should be suitable for this kind of plastic and I don't know how well the paint is attached to the fender panel. I didn't want to peel it of.

So, went for screws as the factory did :cool:

Good evening. I’m new to my i3 and would like to add fenders like you have done. Where can I get them from and how much do they cost.
If you could provide contact details much appreciated .
Regards
DB

There is a guy in England that actually sanded the back to make it flush and glued the fenders instead as well. He didn’t want to drill. Either way with patients it can be done!

I bought mine from here:
https://www.hubauer-shop.de/en/carparts/i-models-parts-catalog/i3-meg/8p81-i01n-xb4/8p81-51-vehicle/8p81-519279-blende-/

Back