Easy Horn Swap

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisher99

Swapped the little "clown car" horn out for a set of PIAA horns today. What a difference! And it was a simple swap. Here's how I did it:

STEP 1: Hit a deer out on the highway.

STEP 2: When the body shop removes the hood and the bumper cover for repair, replace the horn, which is now sitting exposed right in front of you.

Easy peasy! :D :D :D :D

The swap takes a lot of time though. I've been driving the highways for three days now, looking for a deer. :p

Funny! Finding deer around my neck of the woods is pretty easy. We commonly refer to them as very big, annoying rodents. Although those of us who happen to hit one have more colorful descriptions...

I've been lucky so far...seen a bunch of deer over the years, but have never hit one...came close to hitting an oryx once, though, on White Sands Missile Range in a rental car! Those things can weigh half a ton, so wouldn't be a good day! Lots of antelope running around the northern part of the range, too. Lucky thing around there, there's no forest for them to hide in, as it's sand and some scrub, so you can generally see them coming.

Back