Android Auto for 2019?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scorpyred

I see a lot of people installing MMI units to get Android Auto/Carplay functionality. I'm not interested in Carplay, but would like to add Android Auto. I've looked at Bimmer Tech and Road Top, but I don't see anything that is compatible with the 2019 i3. I take it there were some changes made to the head unit over previous models? Does anyone have Android Auto working on their 2019+ model, and what method did you use to do so?

This outfit has an add-on box that plugs into the headhunt under the rear seat, to add both Carplay and Android . You might message them to see if compatible with the 2019 i3.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1674546502711314

Well, Bimmer Tech was showing their MMI Prime as being incompatible with my VIN. After emailing with their support my VIN now shows compatibility.

I contacted them recently about this as I have 2020 reg one and they said they almost got a box working with this version of car! I also want android auto too! He said it should be ready soon! :)

Back