BMW i3s Rex 120AH 2020 model scrap auction

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramblers

All i3s rex lovers. There is one 2020 model, i3s Rex 120AH in fluid black color available via scrap auction. The battery, motor and range extender all good. Details available on the website of Pro Ex Auction Namibia. As a former owner of this car, I will be able to provide few details as well. The car can not be fixed in Namibia as there is no local support for EV repair in the country hence totaled by insurance. Local BMW dealer (Pupkewitz BMW) only supported mechanical aspects of vehicle. It may be great for someone looking for cheap spares or give a new life and use it. Currently the reserve price by auction company is 75000 NAD ( +/- 5000 US$ or 4400 EURO) but nobody bid for it so the reserve price is expected to reduce in next auction.

Just registered to post a reply. Thinking of using this as a donor vehicle for batteries and charger for an EV build in Cape Town.

Do you think it’s still available? It’s still on the auctioneers website.

Then again it would be a shame to part it out if it’s repairable. Do you think it’s repairable? Maybe I could ship it down to SA for repairs and drive ti around with Nam plates. Not sure if salvage means ‘cannot re register’ in Nam…

Back