BMW i3 Range Extender - 2016 Model - Advice pls?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CRRA

Hiya

My brother suggested I join this group for advice as he is fed of his sister (me!) asking him about my car!!

So my wheels are annoying and the car looks narrow. It handles terribly. He suggested spacers but thats where his help ended 🥺….

Does anyone know what spacers I should get for my particular car pls? And from where?

Thanks xx

There are two options. One is space your existing wheels. The other is install wider tires, like what's found on the i3S.

There's a reddit user who took option 1 and installed 15mm spacers front, 20mm rear, using longer bolts. No idea how he settled on that particular combo, but it could be as simple as gauging with a ruler the amount of "poke" past the fenders that's acceptable to you.

If you go whole hog and change tires, you'll want 175 front / 195 rear. They'll mount to your existing wheels. You'll want at least 10mm spacers to clear the suspension, and they're going to stick out 20mm beyond what you've got now.

There are a few threads on this forum. Search spacers, and if that's giving poor results, try Google site:mybmwi3.com spacers.

Back