websterize

Re: Need Help with coding Rear-Fog Switch Retrofit (U.S. i3s)

Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:23 pm

silvercoinboy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:34 am
... the only thing I need to register it is the functioning rear fog lights. ... Please can someone provide the code that I can take in to get it turned on?
You might be able to fool the inspector by implementing the settings in the first post of this thread. I say fool because those settings activate an adjacent LED in the rear LED bank in the bumper, not the actual rear-fog LED as designated by BMW. (See page 3 of this thread for a BMW diagram showing LED assignment.) As far as I know, you can activate only the driver side LED in the coding setting, which should help with the registration. I opted to activate both sides for my rear-fogs.

Forum member "eXodus" is correct that BimmerCode is an intuitive way to adjust these settings. However, the Front Electrontic Module doesn't exist in the i3. FEM is a legacy controller from the out-of-production 3-Series (factory code F30). BMW replaced it with the Body Domain Controller (BDC) module, which controls all of the car's lighting. Look for "BDC_Body" in the software.

viel Glück!
2018 i3 Sport BEV | Coding spreadsheet

Tgretz

Re: Need Help with coding Rear-Fog Switch Retrofit (U.S. i3s)

Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:02 pm

silvercoinboy wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:34 am
all,

Glad I found this forum. I brought my 2014 I3 back to Germany from the US and have not 'officially' had it on the road yet due to the need for a rear fog light.

I have installed the European switch (from an Ebay UK supplier) and all works except the fog lights.

The BMW dealers here are worse than no help, they want to try to stop me from registering it!! I have had it inspected, and the only thing I need to register it is the functioning rear fog lights.

I am trying to find a 3rd party repair place that has the Bimmer software so they can turn it on.

Please can someone provide the code that I can take in to get it turned on?

Thanks!
I just did the codes but need the switch now
Let me know if you still need help as I have the coding now.

cnoiseau

Re: Rear-Fog Switch Retrofit (U.S. i3s)

Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi all!

This is my first post, and I'll ask that you forgive its length, but I wanted to be thorough...

I recently replaced part number 61319865815 (no rear fog light button) with part number 61319865812 (rear fog light button) and completed the following actions using BimmerCode in Expert Mode which, as described in this thread, activated rear fog light function using the bulb 5 location.

3068 > NSL_Verbaut Set to: verbaut
3064 > Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_output Set to: nsl_l
3064 > Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_Function Set to: nebelschlusslicht
3064 > Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_output Set to: nsl_r
3064 > Mapping_Nebelschlussl_R_Function Set to: nebelschlusslicht

While I am pleased to have the rear fogs functioning (mostly just because I like toying around and seeing what can be done), I am now running into a bit of a snag. The following two errors are consistent:

030351 – Steering column switch cluster (SZL) (LIN): wrong variant
Incorrect control unit variant
The version of the slave control unit does not match the encoding in the master control unit.

D90D16 – Control unit light (BEL) (LIN): wrong variant installed
Incorrect light switch variant installed.

More info is available here: https://bmwfault.codes/

Now obviously my car, a US spec 2018 BMW i3 REx, is upset about this new light switch as is the associated control unit in the steering column, perhaps simply because I've installed/activated a European option on a US spec vehicle. While everything does still function without issue, I would prefer to have everything coded properly if possible as well as continuing to try to find a solution to illuminating bulb 7 rather than bulb 5 as the functioning rear fogs.

I most often use a VEEPEAK BLE+ with BimmerCode and BimmerLink to do the easier work, but I do also have E-Sys 3.33.4 and an ENET cable. I have not been able to acquire LauncherPro 3.7.0 as FXX Tokenmaster seems to be off the scene and I have not yet purchased an ESysX license as I’m not sure it’s totally necessary given my limited needs.

Is there anyone who might provide some insight into the above, either in how I might address the issues on my own, or in identifying who I might be able to contact for assistance?

I would be most grateful.

janisg

Re: Rear-Fog Switch Retrofit (U.S. i3s)

Sun May 09, 2021 11:14 am

Hello,
Have anyone successfully coded lights for US > EU?
I have bought button, activated via code, but its number 5 that lit up.
and maybe anyone knows how to disable two side lights in rear bumper? I can disconnect cables, but would like to just code them off.

Update:
Friend has EU i3, copied light setup from it(code)
Had to buy EU lights, as US version has red turn signals.
Had to change 2 pins and everything works.

Return to “Modifications & Accessories”