Any tips instructions on removing pillar covers & headliner?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqueusi

Looking to wire a BlackVue front and rear dashcam. I figured the best way to conceal the wires is in the pillars and headliner. While I like to tinker, I've never done anything like this before.

Any tips or tricks? I'm worried I'll need some special tools.

Thanks in advance.

Hard wired my BlackVue in the front and had no issue tucking the cable under the headlining and behind the weather seal in the door A pillar. No need to remove any trim to do that?

I removed all of that when I upholstered the headliner and the a pillars. To get the A pillar covers off you have to pop the "Airbag" emblem off and then remove the bolt underneath. After than the cover just pops off. The C pillar cover is attached the same way. To remove the sunvisors you will have to pry out the screw covers and then unbolt them from the roof. The roof console snaps in; you remove the tan plastic piece first and then using a flat screwdriver you release the attachment clips on the leading edge. The grab handles have little covers over their clip covers that need to be popped off and then you need to pinch the two metal tabs together to release the clip. The coat hooks are the same as the grab handles. Just leave the dome light in place, it's hard to release without damaging it. In the rear there are two flat plastic rivets, carefully pop the exposed cover off and the entire rivet will slide out. Once you have all of those parts out you can slide the head liner rearward to disengage the clips and then lower it down. It will not fit out of the rear hatch opening so you will have to take it out of the passenger side door opening.

Back