Coding: 3 questions !

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brice

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to end my little coding session.

Up from now, I managed to:
- Enable reading all kind of video format
- Play videos while driving (not for me obviously)
- Remove the seat-belt sound reminder (annoying when just getting out / in for the mail then driving 20 meters on my own driveway)
- Change BMW emblem animation on the nav screen (just for fun)
- Turn on lights on door handles while backing up.

I'm facing 3 things I didn't managed to do:

1 - Is there a way, and if there is - HOW, to fold the external mirrors while I simply lock the car by quickly pressing the main button on the key-fold ? (Btw. I do not have confort access, just in case that would change something) It just annoys me that I have to press long on the button to do it.

2 - How on earth can we save VIDEO files on the internal HD ? I activated the function by changing the good value, BUT impossible to find any kind of menu on the USB key name, file, folder, while pressing the "Option" button for instance.

3 - In order to see the BMW emblem animation that I changed, how can I activate it so that when the car is turned on or if I press on the Menu button for instance, the animation appears on the screen. I only saw the animation while coding because he reset the Nav, otherwise I don't know in which circumstances I would enjoy this animation.

If anyone managed to perform these operations, I would appreciate a little help.

Thank you :)

Hey Brice,

I think I have some answers for you, here you go. I am sure that others will add to my reply as well.

1.) 3056: KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN --> Werte = 00 (This will let the mirrors fold right away without delay)

2.) Don't know about the internal HD, but you can just load them on a USB and it will read them easily.

3.) I have the Rolls Royce animation on mine, it just randomly displays, doesn't seem to be any reason when or why it plays. There isn't a way to set it to a specific button.

Hope that helps, I have a list in a document of the codes I use when the dealer makes software updates (and my car is always in the shop because it is a rattlebox heap of garbage).

Nick

TheNickGuy said:
Hey Brice,

I think I have some answers for you, here you go. I am sure that others will add to my reply as well.

1.) 3056: KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN --> Werte = 00 (This will let the mirrors fold right away without delay)

I thank you very much for this one, that worked perfectly. :D

TheNickGuy said:
2.) Don't know about the internal HD, but you can just load them on a USB and it will read them easily.

Yeah I know, I tested all of this but I really wanted to load everything on the internal HD. I don't like having a USB plugged in there (makes noise on bumpy roads), and I prefer using it to load my iPhone is necessary.

TheNickGuy said:
3.) I have the Rolls Royce animation on mine, it just randomly displays, doesn't seem to be any reason when or why it plays. There isn't a way to set it to a specific button.

Ok, well, I never saw mine playing it on normal circumstances. Not a big deal at all, I was just wondering.

TheNickGuy said:
Hope that helps, I have a list in a document of the codes I use when the dealer makes software updates (and my car is always in the shop because it is a rattlebox heap of garbage).

If you ever want to share this list to me in pm, I would really appreciate it. Maybe there are some fun stuff that I would like to have and I didn't had the time to dig the subject too much yet :)

In any case, thank you for your answer.

If there is anyone who actually managed to save video files on the internal HD, please, be my guest ;)

Hi,

I have been watching and learning about the I3. Ours is due September, new 94AH REX.

Can you expand a little more regarding the coding, how you access (platform) and what can be done please?

Many thanks

Brice said:
TheNickGuy said:
Hey Brice,

I thank you very much for this one, that worked perfectly. :D

TheNickGuy said:

Yeah I know, I tested all of this but I really wanted to load everything on the internal HD. I don't like having a USB plugged in there (makes noise on bumpy roads), and I prefer using it to load my iPhone is necessary.

TheNickGuy said:

Ok, well, I never saw mine playing it on normal circumstances. Not a big deal at all, I was just wondering.

TheNickGuy said:

If you ever want to share this list to me in pm, I would really appreciate it. Maybe there are some fun stuff that I would like to have and I didn't had the time to dig the subject too much yet :)

In any case, thank you for your answer.

If there is anyone who actually managed to save video files on the internal HD, please, be my guest ;)

Hey Brice,

Here's a USB that I use, it's so small it doesn't get in the way and has way more space than the internal HD, you won't even know it's there:
https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-SDCZ43-128G-GAM46-Newest-Version/dp/B01BGTG2A0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470150275&sr=8-1&keywords=sandisk+usb

Also, I will send a PM with my major coding changes, see what you think.

Cheers,
Nick

Varsity said:
Hi,

I have been watching and learning about the I3. Ours is due September, new 94AH REX.

Can you expand a little more regarding the coding, how you access (platform) and what can be done please?

Many thanks

Whoa... There's a lot behind this, but I will try to narrow it down.

You will need:
- A PC, or a Mac with Parallels because you need Windows
- A OBDII to Ethernet cord ($15 or less on eBay)
- BMW's Coding/Access Software (E-SYS)
- BMW vehicle chassis specific reference information (version must match E-sys)

There are other loaders and software you will need, but you can get all of the software and files you need together. Join BimmerFest forum, go into their coding section and find the info you need and who to get it from. If you are this far along, you probably know what you're doing and you can get the info, software, and advice quickly.

Once your computer and software is running, you need to plug into your car, and all you need to do is flip "flags" in the software with minor tweaks. It's all in German, obviously, but it's pretty easy by the 4th time you do it (because the dealer always resets everything).

That's the basics, if you're still interested I would join BimmerFest and dig through their coding section. If you want a list of the basic and preferred codes I use I would be happy to share. Good luck.

Varsity said:
Hi,

Many thanks

Hello Varsity,

I dedicated two posts on my blog for this. You'l find How, where, which cable etc...

- Post 1 is here on my blog
- Post 2 is here on my blog

A little auto translation from Google / Chrome will be in order because in French but I hope you'll find everything you need.

Back