jadnashuanh

Re: Plugless wireless charging system?

Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:37 pm

Probably nothing since it doesn't have an inductor in it (i.e., a coil).
Jim DeBruycker
2014 i3 BEV, 2021 X5 45e
(The i3 will be sold soon, <17K-miles, interested?)

n1o2c3a4c5h6e7t

Thu May 09, 2019 6:12 am

Did anyone ever receive a Plugless wireless charger? What is the status of this company?

JohnWasser

Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:40 pm

Wireless charging would be great for me. I live in a condo. I don't know if the Board of Trustees will ever approve a charging station on a post near my parking spot and they certainly won't let me run a thick extension cord across the lawn and sidewalk. If the charging coil could be flush with the pavement (to allow unobstructed snow plowing) it might be unobtrusive enough to pass muster.

Of course, that means the coil in the car could have to be lowered for charging. An advantage to that is, as the coil is lowered it could also move horizontally to improve alignment and efficiency.

alohart

Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:36 pm

JohnWasser wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:40 pm
I live in a condo. I don't know if the Board of Trustees will ever approve a charging station on a post near my parking spot and they certainly won't let me run a thick extension cord across the lawn and sidewalk.
Hawaii passed a law that prevents condo boards and apartment complex owners from blocking the installation of an EV charging circuit if sufficient electrical capacity exists and the condo or apartment resident gets all necessary government, condo board, or apartment owner approvals, pays for the installation and maintenance of the circuit, and holds the condo association or apartment owner harmless should damage result. You might check whether your state has a similar law.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

JohnWasser

Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:08 am

alohart wrote:Hawaii passed a law that prevents condo boards and apartment complex owners from blocking the installation of an EV charging circuit if sufficient electrical capacity exists and the condo or apartment resident gets all necessary government, condo board, or apartment owner approvals, pays for the installation and maintenance of the circuit, and holds the condo association or apartment owner harmless should damage result. You might check whether your state has a similar law.
Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like Massachusetts doesn't have such protections BUT BOSTON DOES:

https://www.lawmtm.com/boston-right-cha ... icles.html
On January 2, 2019, the Governor signed into law a Home Rule Petition for the City of Boston establishing the “right to charge” for condominium unit owners. The new law allows Boston condominium unit owners to install electric vehicle (EV) charging stations on or near their parking spaces, subject to reasonable restrictions which the condominium association may impose. The new law will take effect February 1, 2019.
That provides some good precedent, at least.

Return to “Modifications & Accessories”