V8 Exhaust Sound from i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspan

How funny would it be to throw one of these on an i3. I am looking into this, or a similar option. I can’t believe these even exist hahahaha.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fxaJ7c119hQ

I have installed a small water resistant Oontz bluetooth speaker in my frunk area. It's tapped into the 12V battery directly with a fused link, so it never shuts off. (It is only rated for 1A draw when it is charging, so probably uses far less when it is not.)

Inside the car, I have a cheap older phone with a custom soundboard app on it that stays in the car and plugged in under the dash. I can load any sound I want that way, either as one-shot, only while held, or on continuous loops. I have sounds from the drones in Oblivion, Darth Vader's theme, and of course Jaws among others at the ready.

Most of them are far less alarming than the horn to clueless people wandering unaware down the aisles of parking lots.

I have also looked into using an OBD connected app to integrate speed sensitivity, and while the data is certainly available to tap into, there does not appear to be an appropriate app for Android that could work that way. Seems like a custom built one would be the most simple way to go there at this point. It's not like the api is a mystery to app builders. All they would have to do is tie in speed ranges to different sound samples that could be sped up or slowed down in the app. (That's well beyond anything I am willing to dive into developing personally however.)

7ca6a3_d96c97a58db8464cbbbb8e789cfb7757~mv2_d_2048_1360_s_2.jpg

Back