real world range for a 2019 i3 rex? electric and gas?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goto35

How many miles you really get from all-electric rex? What about from gas?

Do i really get 145 miles all electric range?

Sorry, i ask i pick up my car in 2 days and cant wait to test!

94Ah? I think 145 is really optimistic in the real world. You might approach that on a beautiful day (68F/20C/293K), on level terrain, without headwinds, at moderate speeds, assuming you'd preconditioned on the charger. Not ludicrous, just optimistic. 120 miles is a more realistic expectation in good weather.

With the new 120......you should get at least 150 miles quite easily, providing your not canning it down the Motorway for all those miles.....

I have a 2019 i3S Rex. When fully charged, the battery usually says 150-165 (it is always different, LOL...yay BMW) :) Rex mileage changes from high 60s to high 70s.

Pure battery range seems to be between 100-135ish, depending on temp. Temp REALLY affects the battery range, even more than heavy accelerating.

Let me suggest running some early benchmarks and saving the data. If in a year or two you perceive a loss of performance, you'll have the earlier data to compare:

• REx MPG - run three benchmarks of 10 miles at low, medium, and high speeds.
  • EV SOC - same as above.

Good luck and Welcome to the BMW i3-REx club.

Bob Wilson

Back