lost climate control coolant cap

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmk

hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and i3 ownership. The car is really great, I enjoy driving mine immensely.

I bought my '17 i3 just recently, and everything is great except that I discovered one of the caps in the engine bay was missing. Upon flipping thru the user booklet, I discovered it's the climate control coolant cap. I have no idea why it's missing, I think it may have been loose?

Anyways, my question is, what is the part#, is it the same with other bmw models, and can I just buy a used one on ebay or something? I'd really hate to buy a new one at the dealership, thank you!

tmk –

Welcome to the i3!

There are a few sites out there for part number searches. I've used realoem.com for AGES with great results. Go to the site, enter the last bits of your VIN or click through the variables to make sure you're seeing the correct parts for your vehicle.

Once your i3 is identified I think if you click the "Radiator" tile you'll find the part numbers you need under "Expansion Tank".

This is the parts reference for a 2017 BEV with a 33kWh / 94Ah battery:
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=7Z23-USA-09-2018-I01N-BMW_i-i3_94Ah&diagId=17_0765

If you're in the US, PelicanParts.com, GetBMWparts.com, and FCPEuro.com are good shops to order from but I seem to always get the best quotes from Circle BMW.

Back