Chronometer (Hour Meter) on the REX

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtwinwilly

Greetings,

Brand new to this forum. Just picked up my new-to-me 2017 i3 94ah REX on Saturday.

I did a search, but can't find the answer to my question, so here it goes. . .

Is there any kind of chronometer on the REX that shows the number of hours in operation. I've owned several generators, and all of them track number of hours of use for maintenance scheduling. Does the REX (or car) have anything like this?

Thanks!

From “12-W20 Engine.pdf”:

10.3. Maintenance work
As the combustion engine in the BMW I01 is not permanently used, the servicing is reduced to a minimum. Engine oil with filter is only required after a time interval of 10,000 miles / 12 months or depending on the operating hours of the combustion engine. The operating hours are recorded in the EDME control unit.

You've got to do some simple math if you're even bothering to chart the obvious...keep track of how much fuel you use. A simple mileage calculation (I'm hearing 35 mpg) will tell you how long your little 650 Kymco has been running. Then decide for yourself the frequency of oil/filter changes that meet your personal standards, factoring in the factory recommendations.

CVBruce

Back