REX refuelling message

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrayman

Hi guys,

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Whenever I want to fill up the REX with petrol, I press the fuel button to the right lower side of the steering column. I then get a message something like "refuelling possible at x%". The problem is the x appears to be a random number, and I'm not sure what.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on what this message means means?

Cheers

The gas tank on the REx is pressurized...it needs to have the pressure released before you can open the port. Wait until it reads zero, and things will work.

After one press you should see a message such as "ready to refuel". When this message appears the exterior flap is normally ready to open.

I say "normally" because this is a system that has failed many times on my cars (I've been driving an i3 since 2014 - I currently have a 2016). I've had the pressure fuel pressure sensor replaced several times (I think only once on my 2016).

If you can't open the external flap to refuel - there is a manual release in the frunk (check you manual for exact location).

Back