hotel/motels w/charging in San Luis Obispo & Pasadena?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbt12

Planning a drive to San Luis Obispo and Pasadena.

Looking for hotel/motel recommendations in San Luis Obispo and Pasadena with EV charging. OR EV charging close (1 to 2 blocks) to hotel/motel.

Found the Madonna Inn which has 2 -universal chargers (accept J1772) and 14 Teslsa chargers. Says their universals are no charge (i assume if you are staying there). Price is in the $200 to $350 a night range. Would prefer $100 to $200 a night.

Some of the hotel apps or general Google searching is helpful, but i need to spend time triangulating location and ratings. I have a Plugshare account and a ChargePoint account. since i own a Juicebox, i have never needed to charge outside my home....yet.

Any recommendations of where EV owners have stayed would be best.

thanx in advance!

The Plugshare app should show you what is available in the area. Set your filter to show restricted chargers as well. Some motels don't show up otherwise.

Thanx for the tip on using Plugshare.

The many different plug types are throwing me. I assume that i3 owners can only use 2 types --- J1772 and CHAdEMO (DC fast charge). That sure limits the chargers i can use.

thoughts please....

fbt12 said:
The many different plug types are throwing me. I assume that i3 owners can only use 2 types --- J1772 and CHAdEMO (DC fast charge). That sure limits the chargers i can use.
Overnight, look for a J1772 at the motel. CHAdeMO is useless but you can use a CCS-1 but usually for an excessive fee.

Bob Wilson

Back