Check engine light

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pahaska

I had the fuel filler flap on my Rex pop open today while driving. It was quite a distance before I was able to stop and close it. I have no idea why it popped open. By the time I was able to stop, the check engine light came on.

I have never used the range extender except for a test a month or so ago, so it had to be caused by the open flap.

I only drove a short distance after getting out and closing the flap, so I don't know whether it might have self-reset had I driven further. I'll see whether I can reset it through the service port. Otherwise, I'll stop by the dealer and have it reset. I hate that thing being on even tho it is meaningless.

I am loving my 2020 i3, but since BMW bought my 2019 i3 back due to continued Rex problems and a near ever present Check Engine Light....it makes me nervous almost every time I start my new i3 and the first time I let Rex come on....I was sweating bullets, LOL. It is just an awful feeling seeing a CEL in an EV.

Let us know if it goes out. I'm keeping happy & positive thoughts for you!!! :)

and your question is?
download car scanner on your phone and buy the bluetooth connecter. you can code your car with bimmer code as well as clear codes.

p.s. you will need to be parked!

Back