Help reading Bimmerlink error codes

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcomo

I pulled the codes on my 2014 BMW I3 REX using Bimmerlink and I get the following:

Permanent error
FFCB95

Memory Error
It says AUC sensor short circuit to ground
Error present and stored
It says it would not cause a warning error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

This is the fresh air recirculating sensor. It's linked to your A/C. If the sensor detects pollutants then it will switch to recirculating air. It's located under the bonnet/frunk.

It's an easy fix if your mechanically minded. I changed mine last year. Probably no need to isolate power for this, but safety wise best go ahead and disconnect high voltage, just in case.

Check out part location on Hubauer Shop and confirm the part for your car (have your VIN ready), although you can probably order from the main dealer. Think it's around £60 GBP or $80 part.

Now you need to remove the wipers to get into the scuttle area, so probably hardest part. Mark on the windscreen their resting location with masking tape. You're also going to need a wiper arm puller, or a smaller puller to pop them off. Clean the threads with a small wire brush and a little marine grease before refitting. Remember and torque up but don't overtighten.

https://ibb.co/G0R8kR3

Hi,

Was just about to order a new BMW OEM Part # 64116826346 for about US$100 shipped to Australia and chance it would fix the BMW XAUC SENSOR error in ISTA+ but decided to try something.

I removed the XAUC Sensor and got some 240 grit wet/dry sandpaper, used dry and folded a piece so it was about 1/4" wide and 2" long and moved it around so I could sand each of the 3 pins, re-attached and no more ISTA+ c90d60 error bmw from JBBE ECU.

Just to give the 3 pins some protection against corrosion, I sprayed just a little WD40 Water Resistant Silicone Lubricant spray on the 3 pins and plug, the silicone spray can says it protects metal from corrosin.

Cheerz :) :D ;)

Back