I might still buy the car IF
1) the range extender trigger can be adjusted or reduced to 2% instead of 5-6%
2) when the maintenance cycle starts it off, it can be stopped immediately, with no further run
3) Disable the REX Completely, and only re-enable it whenever I want . very occasionally on long journeys
1. It is adjustable a bit with Bimmercode, i think, but not down to 2%
2. When the maintenance cycle starts, it runs for 10 minutes. If you stop the car before the 10 minutes, the REx will restart to complete the maintenance cycle next time you start the car. No way to change this.
4. No way to easily/safely disable the REx.
Sounds like you need to buy the BEV i3 model without the REx to begin with.