RExingIT

Disable AC Auto-On

Mon May 11, 2015 9:53 am

Does any body know how to disable the Auto-on feature for the AC and fan? If I want it on, I'll turn it on.

Is there also a way to keep the drive mode in the mode you left it in or set the default start mode?

Thanks.
Chicago area. BMW i3 REx, Giga world, Ionic Silver

PhilH

Re: Disable AC Auto-On

Mon May 11, 2015 10:06 am

RExingIT wrote:Is there also a way to keep the drive mode in the mode you left it in or set the default start mode?
No. One of the more irritating features.

Please add your location to your profile: it may help answer other queries you have.
i3 Capparis White; Winter package; Sunroof; LED lights; Ordered 30 May 2014; Delivered 17 October 2014.

busaman

Mon May 11, 2015 12:41 pm

PhilH wrote:
RExingIT wrote:Is there also a way to keep the drive mode in the mode you left it in or set the default start mode?
No. One of the more irritating features.

Please add your location to your profile: it may help answer other queries you have.
i have already put the solution in the coding section.

turned off auto ac on (a/c on as soon as you turn car on)

IHKA-3003-MEMMORY-OFF NICHT_ACTIV
7.31s@203.3mph on one wheel

imolazhp

Mon May 11, 2015 5:07 pm

busaman wrote:

I did some coding and now the whole HVAC doesn't come on automatically at all, I need to look further into this. I would like the HVAC to come on, and remember my last setting, but not necessarily the AC. I would have to look at my coding notes to see if I used the one you mentioned here, I'll check into it, thanks.

busaman

Mon May 11, 2015 10:39 pm

imolazhp wrote:
busaman wrote:

I did some coding and now the whole HVAC doesn't come on automatically at all, I need to look further into this. I would like the HVAC to come on, and remember my last setting, but not necessarily the AC. I would have to look at my coding notes to see if I used the one you mentioned here, I'll check into it, thanks.
with this setting nothing on the A/C comes on automatically which is the way i want it (if i want the heating /cooling running il switch it on)

RExingIT

Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 am

busaman wrote:
imolazhp wrote:
busaman wrote:

with this setting nothing on the A/C comes on automatically which is the way i want it (if i want the heating /cooling running il switch it on)

Excellent, thank you.
Chicago area. BMW i3 REx, Giga world, Ionic Silver

peteinlongbeach

Wed May 13, 2015 5:17 pm

Hmmm... strange. The only part that comes on automatically on my car is the fan. If I didn't have the A/C or AUTO buttons activated when I shut down, they are not activated when I start.

I do notice a shut down prompt about "comfort mode" or something like that, but I have not checked that box.

barrychan

Wed May 13, 2015 6:06 pm

If you turn off the AC by pushing the buttons....AC and the on button, it won't come back on when you restart the car but not sure about the next day tho, the fan does come on that i know of.
Barry
2014 BMW i3 BEV
1984 Porsche 928s
2005 Nissan Altima SE R
2011 Acura MDX
2013 Mazda 3

jadnashuanh

Wed May 13, 2015 8:40 pm

There may be some practical reasons for the fan to come on regardless...removing stale air in the vehicle, as part of a safety requirement.
Jim DeBruycker
2011 535i x-drive GT, 2014 i3 BEV
Soon (hopefully!) A 2021 X5 45e will replace the above

busaman

Wed May 13, 2015 11:00 pm

jadnashuanh wrote:There may be some practical reasons for the fan to come on regardless...removing stale air in the vehicle, as part of a safety requirement.
no all BMW,s do this to remove stale air i personally open the window.

Return to “BMW i3 Rex Specific Discussions”