2018 i3S Coding using e-SYS, PSdZDATA, ODB cable.

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpraser

Hey All,

Just took the delivery for my 2018 i3S and was wondering if Coding using e-SYS, PSdZDATA, ODB cable still works?

Yes, but the BimmerCode smartphone app with a wireless connection to a OBD WiFi or Bluetooth dongle is much easier to use for those not familiar with eSys and the challenges keeping it and its data files updated. However, eSys has more capabilities than BimmerCode for those interested in doing things that tend to be less popular.

My understanding is that bimmercode plus vgate = £50 (roughly)

E-sys without launcher = $18
http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/bmw-enet-interface-cable-e-sys-icom-coding-f-series.html
Given the functionality of the latter, I think that's the way I'd go tbh.

Considering purchasing a 2014 i3 Rex. I "Rex Hold" is coded will the battery be charged to 75% if powered on but nit moving? Thank you.

the hold state of charge function, when enabled, allows you to select the REX to keep the battery level no lower than the present level you have when you turn the REX on. Every time you slow down or stop the REX also stops.
This function cannot be engaged if battery is above 75%, and will automatically engage when the battery gets very low.
It wont let you recharge the car when stopped, however you can still 'pump up' the charge to higher if going down a lot of hills.
There is an exception, you can enter a service test mode to run the REX for stationary testing which will charge the battery.

On the subject of e-SYS coding, I am doing this with the OBD2 cable and 2017 e-SYS with PSdZDATA on my 2017 i3.

I'm seeking a little help with how the nav system files work as mine is an i3 imported from Japan.
This means I'm unable to purchase the local Australia / NZ maps download online from the website because of VIN zone mismatch.
Once this is fixed, I will need to get the nav HU-H to operate with the different country type map data files.
Are these files already in the car? Are they in the PSdZDATA? Do I need to get them elsewhere and load them into the nav HU?

The BMW dealer says they will get the VIN registration changeoveer done.
They cannot (or are not allowed to) get the nav maps to work, this is done for their customers cars by engaging a 3rd party company 500km away to come and do the car. like about 3 days and $800 to do the car.
I respect the company for what they do and their independent IP in doing this task, however I expect its nothing different to the way I have already got e-SYS working for my car and started coding the simple things.

The bit of info I need is about the training manual for e-SYS and whether any hardware cards need changing.
thanks for any pointers on this subject

Back