Any good independent mechanics that work on i3s in the Bay Area?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gps1539

Hi, my 2015 i3 will get it last free service in a few months and don't want to pay dealer prices for basic service and repairs. Anyone found an independent mechanic that work on i3s in the Bay Area (San Jose)?

My i3 had it's last service under warranty and I would love to find an independent mechanic that know i3s. Anyone in the Bay Area have a recommendation? ideally around Campbell/Los Gatos.

I used my old Mini Cooper (second generation version) for a minor (light) fix on my 2017 i3 with REx. He bought an i3 (2015 or 2016 version) last year to begin practical training/learning on i3's. Here is his website --- http://www.baybridgemotors.com/

They work on BMW's and Mini Coopers. Worked on mine for 17 years. He has talked me out of many (stupid) mod's which took money out of his pocket.

I would say to give him a call. I believe he would treat your fairly and honestly.

Good luck finding a good non-dealer mechanic. For now, i will go to him about my i3.

-----

BTW, i just gave my 2002 175,000 mile Mini Cooper S to my nephew's daughter. It runs darn good and she is stoked!

@fbt12, many thanks. My inlaws are up in Oakland so I may well check them out.

ps. My 1st ever car was a 70's Mini, awesome they still live on.

Bump

Wondering if anyone found additional independent mechanic that work on i3s in the Bay Area (San Jose)?

Back