DC CCS in Europe

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uktechie

Can any non UK members confirm no problems using DC CCS charge station across Europe?

Works fine here in Belgium. Each time while visiting BMW Brussels I'm using their ABB DC CCS to charge up-to 80%. No use to go further as this takes too long.
Why this question? Any issues?

Barthel said:
Works fine here in Belgium. Each time while visiting BMW Brussels I'm using their ABB DC CCS to charge up-to 80%. No use to go further as this takes too long.
Why this question? Any issues?

The main company for Rapid charge station deployment in the UK Ecotricity had started to question that i3 software or config was the issue, so just wanted any feedback from other i3 owners in other parts of Europe thanks.

It seems to be DBT the manufacturer of the stations installed in UK they are not working well and keep breaking down a lot more than expected and particularly the DC CCS.

I see...
Maybe one remark, the delayed charging isn't always working as expected.
Typically, in the city centre there is a CCS with multiple connectors, but he can not serve all 3 at the same time due to power limitation. So if I hook up the i3 and 2 leafs are already charging, my car is put on hold until a leaf stops charging but after a while I receive a charging error and need to unplug / plugin again to actually start charging. So this means that I can not leave the car unattended until it starts charging.
https://m.electrabel.be/en/companies-mobile/newsletter/article?alias=069-gdf-suez-tower-charge-electric-car
So, indeed, there are still some IOT issues that need to be sorted out.

Some of the newer eCars Ireland DC locations use Siemens ChaDeMo|CCS|AC chargers.

There's a map here of the CCS equipped locations:
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/u/0/viewer?hl=en&mid=zVDgdgMW7RMA.kduTOkI5y3ts

Another 25 CCS equipped rapid charger locations are due this year. Mainly a corridor up the west coast and a few more on the major routes out of Dublin.

The Siemens units stop working for CCS vehicles about once a month (fail to register connection to the vehicle) and require a reboot by an engineer to get the CCS working again.
The engineers are on the road 24/7 so they usually can get someone out fairly quick.

Back